Visa 491 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa allows the skilled individuals to live & work in regional areas of Australia for 5 years & have a pathway to PR. The Australian government is especially emphasizing on its regional areas by creating more prospects related to work in these regional areas. This is expected to bring economic growth for regional Australia. In this very context, a new visa 491 is introduced.
Visa 491 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
Skilled Work Regional visa (Provisional) Subclass 491- Main Applicant
This visa is allows the skilled individuals to live and work in regional areas of Australia for a span of 5 years. Australian government is emphasizing on the development of their regional areas by creating new work opportunities there and by inviting people from overseas to meet the void of skilled workers there.
- The applicant must be nominated by the state or is sponsored by a relative who is a permanent Australian resident living in regional Australia
- Should belong to the profession listed in the relevant occupation list
- The skill of the applicant must be assessed by the relevant skill assessing authorities
- Must be 45 or less than 45 in age
- The applicant must meet all the character and health requirements
- Should get an invitation to apply
- The applicant must score 65 points at minimum
The duration of skilled work regional visa 491:
The duration of the skilled work regional visa is 5 years. One can apply for Permanent visa 191 after 3 years if eligible.
The cost of skilled work regional visa 491:
The visa processing fee of skilled work regional visa 491 is AUD 4,045
Subclass 491 Subsequent Entrant – Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa
This visa allows the member of the family unit of a person who holds work regional visa 491 to come and live in regional Australia until the visa that the main applicant holds ends.
What can you do with this visa?
- Come and live in Australia until the visa of the main applicant ends.
- One can live, work and study in Australian regional area
- The subsequent entrant can travel from Australia and to Australia whenever he/she wants.
One should meet the following criteria to get this visa
- The applicant must be a member of the family unit of the main applicant holding skilled work regional visa subclass 491
- Should meet all health and character requirements
Duration of Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa 491 – subsequent entrant
The duration of this visa is until the visa of the main applicant ends.
Cost of Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa 491 – subsequent entrant
The processing fee of this visa is AUD 4,045